Friday, January 21, 2011

It's a tit bit Nippy Out!

In past posts I have mentioned that it is cold here in Chicago, but I do not think I realized what cold ment until the last 2 days. Example: The kids and I piled into our car this morning to take Dave to the train station so he could catch the 8:24 express. I walked into our garage and I knew it was cold, as I was trying to put the kids in their car seat my hands started to get frost bite on them. No joke, maybe a little. So as we are driving to the train station Dave checked the temperature it was a balmy 2 degrees, feels like -19 degrees. Yes that is right -19.
Now let me explain the feels like part, because my mom thought when I would tell her it feels like negative something, that it was weather according to Cassie. No it is not. The weather stations out here say "temperature 2 feels like -19." Because of the humidity and windchill it almost always feels colder than it is. In the summer it has the opposite effect, the humidity makes it feel hot, hot, hot.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

I have not heard "It's a tit bit nippy" in way too long. Glad you were not scared to put that as your title. I hope you survive the cold.

Deb said...

YUCK. I do not envy you at all. Today it was like 50 here, sunny and nice, we only needed jackets. Sorry! :( At least you get to live by one of the coolest cities in the world! (Not that I would know.)

Cass said...

We breast go in....