Friday, February 4, 2011

Take Advantage of Free





For most people who move away from family, it is hard to try and find a trust worthy babysitter for your kids. Lucky for us we moved away from one family and moved by another. Thankfully I have in-laws that are very willing to watch our kids for us, so we can go galavanting through this great city we live by. Because Chicago is so crazy cold, all of the amazing museums are free in the month of January. So Dave and I decided to take advantage of free and go to the Art Institute of Chicago, which is incredible. Now I have been to plenty of art museums in my life time, but now that I am older and much wiser I think I appreciate them a little bit more. The talent and stories that are kept between those walls is pretty unbelievable.

After we had looked at all the art that we wanted to see (you could be in there for days and not see it all), we wanted to keep the day going with a bit of sophistication so we decided to eat at one of the best well known dives in Chicago. Billy Goats Tavern. It was everything Saturday Night Live portrayed it as. "Cheezborger, Cheezborger, no french fries just chips." It is underneath Michigan Ave. in a dank, dark little restaurant. It was fun. The cheeseburger, defiantly not the best I have ever had, but well worth the $3.50.

It was a fun day without the kids.

2 comments:

jenny said...

Oh how I wish Michael and I could have been with you guys. Not that you wanted us along on your kid free day or anything!

Micaela said...

Cass, what a great picture of you and your cheeseburger. The place doesn't look as bad as Alex and Dave made it out to be. I am glad that Paul and Anne love watching the kids so you guys can get out.