Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Day of Entertaning Shopping


Tuesday's are a great day. Izzi goes to a 2 hour play group Tuesday mornings giving Max and I time to do a little shopping. Well this past Tuesday we needed to do some grocery shopping. There is this store out here called Aldi. People have told me that it is a great, very inexpensive place to shop. So we thought we would give it a try. We walk into the store and try to get a shopping cart out. For the life of me they would not budge. They were all chained together, I tried twisting the chain, pulling, breaking. Nothing was working. So I asked someone how they worked. I had to put a freaking quarter in the shopping cart for it to release itself from all the others. What kind of ghetto place was I shopping in. Making you pay for your own shopping cart. I do have to say, once you returned the cart, it gave you back your quarter.
Second funny thing about Aldi is that they do not have bags. It's not even like Costco where they will give you a box. The cashier person, literally just throws, not gently mind you, all your tiny little items back into your cart. So by the time you get home all of your tiny little items are now all over your car. It was pretty awesome. They did have some great prices though.

The second place we had to stop was Dollar Tree. I am in need of about 8 pairs of little girl butterfly wings. We pull up and there are about 6 old people sitting right in front of the doors in their wheelchairs. These are not your nice old people either. These are the ones that are mad at their kids because they stuck them in an old folks home that takes them to the Dollar Tree to do their shopping. So needless to say, they wouldn't move from the doors. No need to say excuse me either, because they cant hear. So there they stayed, making people dodge
in and out out them to get inside. They were still there when I left, so I decided I better get a picture of them. The sad part is right when I pulled out my camera their bus pulled up to take them all back to Aurora Manor. Of course then they all moved out of the way.


3 comments:

Cass said...

Awesome. Kev is dying over the quarter deposit.

Chelsea said...

Too funny. I'm going to start being nicer to John so he doesn't put me in the Dollar Tree Nursing Home.

Jessica said...

Oh man you are going to miss Market.