Friday, November 5, 2010

Invisible Poisonous Gas


Ok, so I forgot the worst of all of it yesterday. This is more scary than funny I guess. Usually our mail comes at like 9 in the morning. I love it. Yesterday I had checked the mail early and it hadn't come yet, no big deal. Later on that day my neighbor was telling me what an awful, horrible, no good, very bad day she had had. A couple of hours after that, I saw the post man come down the street and deliver our mail. I go outside in the bitter cold to get it and as I am walking in our house I can smell gas. I thought to myself I better go see if our neighbor is ok, after a day like she had it made me a little nervous she might be doing something (if you catch my drift). I walk into our house to put our mail on the counter and I thought oh great the gas is seeping through our walls it smelled so strong. Then I notice one of my burners is on high with no flame. I start freaking out. Opening up all the windows, turning on all the ceiling fans to high. Izzi confessed to doing it. I think it had been on for about 15 minutes at least. We had a discussion about invisible poisonous gas. So I am very grateful for a very late mail man yesterday, or I don't know if I ever would have smelled it without leaving the house and going outside for just that short amount of time.
I caught Max in his favorite place to sit again today. That kid is quick. He also has a new smile he debuted last night. This is a picture of that.

2 comments:

Cass said...

Yikes!

Jessica said...

That is funny and a little scary. Ours has been left on all night on occasion. To bad I cannot blame my kids.