Monday, April 25, 2011

My Parents Know How To Party


Having my mom and dad come to town is the absolute greatest. We always do so many fun things. My parents are the worlds best travelers. They love to explore and experience everything their destination has to offer. Chicago is no different for them. They have been here about 5 times now, and they are still finding amazing things to do and see. The week they were here we went to a Cubs game, ate dim-sum in China Town, took a tour of Frank Lloyd Wrights home and studio, went to the Shedd Aquarium, Ate one of the best meals I have ever had on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building, saw the skyline of Chicago from a boat, Lego Land, swam then ended the week exhausted. (I have no Idea why this is underlined, it is driving me nuts.)
Lego Land. The only thing on this trip we could have done without. The kids liked it, so I guess it was worth it.
Shedd Aquarium
The infamous Phoenix restaurant. Supposedly this place in China Town is one of the few remaining establishments that still brings you out your dim-sum on a cart...like they do in China.
Yes, this is the cart. I was expecting some beautiful bamboo cart with engravings all over it. Nope it was a hospital metal cart. The dim-sum made up for the cart, it was delicious.
Sky line tour

Wrigley Field is pretty awesome. They still change the scoreboard by hand, and the Ivy wall both pretty amazing. It was so much fun and so cold.
You can't go to a game without getting a Braht.



I love this picture of my family. Izzi is into making funny faces in pictures right know.
Signature room at the John Hancock. It was so amazing to eat on the 95th floor. You sat next to huge window that overlooked the city and Lake Michagen.
This was my dinner. Salmon with fingerling potatoes. Oh my, amazing!
This was dessert. Everybody loved there meals. Not one bad one in the bunch.

4 comments:

Cass said...

Everything looks so fun, but mostly I just want to eat all of the food pictured. :) I must be pregnant.

Chelsea said...

SOOO Excited to be doing all of this in a week and three days!

Micaela said...

Those were great pictures, wish we could have been there.

Collin and Lori said...

Interesting that Izzy is into making funny faces in pictures. I wonder where she gets it?